Friday 16 September 2011

Moose loose in a bookshop

This morning I am to be let loose on the unsuspecting book buying public of Hebden Bridge. Gillian and Ross, the proprietors of The Hebden Bridge Bookshop have left the county for the day and have given me the keys. Now I have been a sales rep for myriad publishers from pension stealing and spy Robert Maxwell to the Earl of Donoghmore's son, Tim Hely Hutchinson, but I have never sold books directly to readers. I'm also a publisher at Bluemoose books and the simple deal is that we publish great stories that engage and inspire. Well today, I'll find out how inspiring our books are. I have threateend to turn the bookshop into a shrine to the moose, and I may. Photographs will follow. But the great thing about bookshops is the browse factor. You can't get that with your Amazon online brief perusal nonsense. You have to pick ip a book, feel it, smell it and read the first page. At Moose Towers we pride ourselves on production and our jackets. We have noticed that potential purchasers when picking up one of our books find themselves stroking it. You can't stroke online, well you can but it is an arrestable offence.
Well, I'm Off to put some Eau De Biblio on, that should entice the book buyer public into the shop. That and shouting at them should do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?