Sunday 24 May 2009

Salt of the earth

'Tis the second day of The Big Green Weekend here in Hebden Bridge. The Pulse Belt has not been inundated, as yet, by juggling unicyclists, but there is time. However, I encountered my first tree on stilts yesterday as I had a coffee with Hetha my wife. Initially I thought I had become a part of some Arts Council street theatre performance of Macbeth, and the woods were approaching. I was wrong. The tree said hello and passed out leaflets about Sustainabilty. The leaflet was printed on recylced youths. I had some disturbing news yesterday about the independent publisher SALT. They publish short stories and poetry and are having a bit of a hard time. If you want original, striking prose or poetry, you can do no better than visit www.Saltpublishing.com where you'll find some fantastic authors. Buy a book and keep the independent spirit alive.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?