Thursday 16 April 2009

Carp Wars

I was in Manchester yesterday and popped into the Deansgate branch of Waterstones. Scouring the shelves I happened across great title, and perhaps already the leading contender for oddest title of the year.

CARP FISHING:

ADVANCED TACTICS

Fantastic. Piscine warfare writ large. Fishermen in body armour pitting their wits against scaly monsters of the deep armed to the gills with water bombs. This title pre-supposes that there was a first title called Carp fishing, Tactics, but I'll have to look into that. Now I know very little about fishing, and can understand communing with nature with rod in hand, but advanced tactical warfare against the finny haddock does seem rather extreme. There is a whole library of further titles out there to be published.
I can see George Lucas buying the film rights and producing 'Carp Wars.' You can already hear the John Williams soundtrack. Can't wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?