Saturday 4 April 2009

Life in the fast lane.

The Moose is off to London again. I got a call from 'The Bookseller' magazine which is the organ of the trade. They want to do a profile of me. So I'm going to meet them at the London Bookfair, buy them a coffee and a bun and give them an antlers' view of life from the 'other side.' Life death and publishing. It will be my chance to enter the Big Brother House of Publishing for a bit. I can run around and lob the odd chair at them and then exit left. They want to know about my life as a publishers rep for a zillion years, why I remortgaged the house and started Bluemoose and what I think about publishing as a small independent. Whilst I'm down at the book fair I will get a chance to saunter through the alleways of international publishing tapping my silver topped cane whilst whistling an independent tune. I will try to catch the flavour of what goes on, canapes and all. May even flog a few Bluemoose T shirts while I'm at it. I may not be able to do a blog tomorrow as I'm running in the Grand National at Aintree this afternoon. You can't miss me. I'm the one with the antlers and the worried jockey aboard. What my dear wife Hetha has to do to earn a crust.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?