Sunday 12 April 2009

The square root of Easter Eggs

Over the break I have managed not to do any DIY and the gravitational pull from B&Q has failed to pull me into their orbit and buy a ladder, but there is always today to contend with. However, I did re-pot a plant, so I am culpable to some extent.
I have just started reading Christopher Potter's, 'You are here,' a portable history of the universe. It is very interesting and unlike Mr Hawking's book, accessible to all. Everyone can get past page 14. There is a wonderful definition of time by the American Physicist John Wheeler, as that which,' keeps everything from happening at once,' which if it did happen ,would be very inconvenient. There are lots of big numbers and things and planets that I thought were planets but are now blobs of gas. But I'm with Winnie the Pooh about time and the world. When he says. 'A long time ago, probably about last Friday,' I think that's all we really need to know about time. There will be lots of you who think differently, but then all I have to worry about today is gettting the wrapping off my Easter egg. Big numbers are just that, big numbers. But a chocolate egg is life itself.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?